Recovery Resources for Ministers and Leaders
As we enter the recovery phase following the trauma of the pandemic there will be many tricky decisions for leaders to make and plenty of opportunities to help church members and our wider communities recover. There are many excellent resources on the web, a selection of which are highlighted below.
For an overview of the Recovery phase
- How can we recover well? – a BUGB Webinar with Simon Barrington, Forge Leadership.
- Lockdown release and reverse culture shock – insight from Simon Barrington.
- Blog by Carey Nieuwhof – sane and helpful insights about setting expectations during the recovery phase.
Reflection and planning tools for leaders and ministers
- 4 questions to stimulate thinking
- 10 questions - An excellent guide to identifying the 10 most important questions for leaders to address together in the recovery phase.
Resources for the recovery phase
Thinking through the hybrid world of online/onsite gatherings
- @church: Is online, off-limits? Kindle book by Chris Green A thoughtful, theological and practical exploration online church.
- Blog by Thom Rainer – arguing the case for maintaining online Services.
- The future of online engagement – it’s a North American context but there are lessons to glean from this video.
Recovery guides and events
- Recovery guides to help people remember, reflect and recuperate from their experience of the pandemic (all from CPAS)
Other resources to consider
Navigating Trauma – a Scripture based programme from the Bible Society.
Serving our communities– excellent ideas and resources from Cinnamon Network.
Caring for our own wellbeing – helpful resources from Leicester Diocese.